Benefits of SQT
Exfoliates dead skin cells
Activates skin regeneration
Smooths skin tone
Unblocks pores and removes access sebum
Stimulates collagen production
SQT is a new form of micro-needling in the form of spicules, which are a microscopic needle-like structure found in natural sponges. Sponges are one of the simplest multicellular organisms that grows in the ocean or freshwater environment. SQT Spicules come from marine sponges that are grown specifically in fresh water lakes. Biologically classified spicules or sponges usually appear in the ingredient list of cosmetics under the name “hydrolyzed sponge” or just “sponge.”
No. of sessions:
3-4 for skin rejuvenation; up to 6-10 for damaged skin, 2-3 weeks apart
From age 18 the skin’s collagen production start to decrease by 1% each year. From 38 years oestrogen levels reduce, which means that collagen cannot be produced as effectively. Therefore, at 48 years of age our bodies collagen production will have reduced on average by 30%. During the menopause there is a further 30% reduction of collagen. Furthermore, the collagen produced after the menopause is of lower quality, which means regeneration of new cells slow down. Throughout the aging process, the quantity of natural moisturiser in the skin lessens. It is paramount to establish a good skin routine as early as possible and to consider lifestyle and environmental factors.
At Mollie Elise Aesthetics your health and wellbeing so important to us. We ensure you understand your treatment, discuss potential side effects and recovery times. We will complete a full medical consultation. Our experienced skin practitioners will discuss your goals and expectations. You will have the opportunity to ask questions.
- Attend a consultation with our skin specialist
- Complete medical assessment and consent forms
- Skin analysis is undertaken with recommendations
Once in the treatment room, you will be made to feel relaxed and comfortable. Firstly the skin is double cleansed. The treatment will then be carried out, the setting can differ across areas of the face. You should not feel any significant discomfort during your treatment.
- Clean, clinical environment, friendly staff
- Treatments are always tailored to your goals
After your Treatment
SQT immediately triggers new cell growth and may leave your skin feeling tight. Results are not always visible immediately, as your skin can appear red and irritated. The most dramatic results will not be visible until four to six weeks after treatment. This is because it takes the body 4-6 weeks to produce new, stronger and healthier collagen.
SQT facials can be safely repeated every 2-3 weeks until you achieve the desired results. For collagen induction, we recommend starting with 3 treatments, with a minimum separation time of 2 weeks between treatments. For scar reduction, an average of 6 treatments is recommended.
It is advisable that you attend for maintenance appointments approximately every 4-5 months to maintain your results.
- More even complexion
- Limited downtime
- Healthier skin
Do not consume alcohol 24 hours before your appointment
- No Retin-A products or applications 24 hours prior to your treatment.
- No auto-immune therapies or products 24 hours before your appointment.
- No prolonged sun exposure to the face 24 hours prior to your treatment. Microneedling will not be completed on sunburned skin.
- If you are taking a blood thinner, aspirin or any other medications you may be required to obtain a GP approval letter for the treatment.
- On the day of the treatment, please do not apply makeup.
- Wait 3-6 months following oral acne treatments.
Approximate time to wait following other treatments prior to SQT:
- Botulinum Toxin (Botox): 2-4 weeks
- Dermal Fillers: 2 weeks
- Chemical Peels: 2-6 weeks depending on whether superficial or deep peel
- Laser Hair removal: 2 weeks
- Radio frequency treatment: 1-2 weeks
- Vitamin facials: 6 weeks
- Acne treatments: 6 months
Immediately after your treatment, your skin will appear red and may feel warm and tighter than usual. There may be some slight swelling, which is normal and should subside after 1 to 2 hours and diminish within 24 hours. Your skin may be slightly pink after 24 hours depending on skin sensitivity. Use tepid water for the initial 24 hours to wash the treated area. After 24 hours, use a gentle cleanser to cleanse the face for the following 72 hours and gently dry the treated skin. Always make sure that your hands are clean when touching the treated area.
- Keep the skin hydrates with a gentle moisturiser.
- Do not take any inflammatory medicines for at least 2 weeks post treatment.
- Do not apply makeup or sunscreen or 24 hours after the procedure.
- Do not apply any makeup with a makeup brush, especially if it is not new/recently cleaned.
- After the initial 24 hours, apply a broad spectrum UVA/UVB sunscreen with a minimum SPF 30 for two weeks. A chemical-free sunscreen is highly recommended.
- For at least 3 days post treatment, do NOT use any Hydroxy Acid, Retinol (Vitamin A), Vitamin C (in a low pH formula) or anything perceived as ‘active’ skincare.
- Avoid intentional and direct sunlight for 48 hours. No tanning beds or tanning creams.
- Do not go swimming for at least 24 hours post-treatment.
- Do not participate in strenuous exercise for at least 24 hours post-treatment.
- Sweating and gym environments must be avoided during the first 72 hours post-treatment.
- No saunas or steam rooms for 72 hours
- Please adhere to aftercare advice contained in the aftercare leaflet
- Any concerns please contact the clinic
Following the treatment there may be redness, tightness and sensitivity to the treated area. This is a normal temporary result of SQT treatment. If these continues or if other reactions occur, please contact the clinic immediately.