Collagen and elastin are natural proteins found in the skin’s tissues, they support the suppleness, elasticity, and firmness of the skin. With age, the production of these proteins lessen, sagging of the skin can occur as well as a loss in volume and fine lines and wrinkles. Loss of firmness, lessened structure and sagging skin can also occur following drastic weight loss. Mollie Elise Aesthetics provide skin tightening treatments in problem area, targeting sagging and loose skin with meticulousness and accuracy.
Wrinkle Relaxing Injections
Symptoms of Sagging Skin
The ageing process can become apparent in many ways, specifically the lower face and neck.
This often occurs in the neck area and is more likely following weight loss. Loose skin occurs when elasticity levels are reduced in the skin. It is most visible along the jowl area.
Fat specifically under the chin can cause sagging and result in the appearance of bloating.
As we mature, muscles in the neck and weaken, the vertical cords of tissue begin to stretch causing banding around the neck.
Causes of Sagging Skin
- Reduced collagen and elastin
- Damaged skin cells due to UV exposure
- Loss of fat and volume in the face
- Natural effect of gravity
Prevention of Sagging Skin
Unfortunately, we can't stop the clock. But we do offer treatments to slow down the aging process and improve the integrity and health of your skin.
Here are some tips to delay the ageing process:
- Wear SPF, for protection against UV rays, even in winter
- Maintain hydration
- Refrain from smoking
- Eat healthy balanced diet rich in fruit and vegetables
- Get plenty of Vitamin C and E
- Choose high-grade skincare rich in anti-oxidants, peptides and vitamin A