Benefits of Pure Derma
Reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles by stimulating collagen and elastin production
Tightens the skin and reduces the appearance of large ports
Significantly reduces the appearance of stretch marks or scarring
A non-surgical skin treatment using micro-needling and radio-frequency to precisely targets areas of concern.
No. of sessions:
3 for skin rejuvenation; up to 6 for scarring
Redness will reduce within 24-48 hours, healing can take up to 2 weeks
At Mollie Elise Aesthetics your safety, health and wellbeing are so important. During consultations we discuss the benefits of the treatment, complete a medical assessment and discuss potential side effects and recovery times. Our experienced skin practitioners will consider your goals and expectations. You will have the opportunity to ask questions, tailoring this appointment to you
- In depth-skin analysis
- Complete assessment and consent forms
- Recommend accompanying products to maximise results
You will be made to feel relaxed and comfortable and the treatment explained. Firstly the skin is double cleansed. Numbing cream is also available for any clients who experience skin sensitivity. The PureDerma machine is set appropriately to your skin and treatment goals, the setting can differ across areas of the face and body. You should not feel any significant discomfort during your treatment.
- Calm, clinical and clean environment, friendly staff
- Treatments are always tailored to your goals
- Aftercare provided - all courses include a post-procedure kit
After your Treatment
The PureDerma triggers your natural healing processes to heal your 'micro wounds' immediately. Results are not always visible immediately, as your skin can appear red and feel hot. The most dramatic results will not be visible until twelve weeks after treatment. It takes the body 4-6 weeks to produce new, stronger and healthier collagen and 12 weeks to fully renew the cells.
This treatment can be safely repeated every 4 weeks until you achieve the desired results. For collagen induction, we recommend starting with 3 treatments, with a minimum separation time of 4 weeks between treatments. For scar reduction, an average of 6 treatments is recommended.
It is advisable that you attend for maintenance appointments approximately every 8-12 months to maintain your results.
- Reduced fine lines
- Tighter and lifted appearance, offering more definition
- Healthier skin
Do not consume alcohol 24 hours before your appointment
- No Retin-A products or applications 48 hours prior to your treatment.
- No auto-immune therapies or products 24 hours before your appointment.
- No prolonged sun exposure to the face 72 hours prior to your treatment. The treatment will not be completed on sunburned skin.
- If you are taking a blood thinner, aspirin or any other medications you may be required to obtain a GP approval letter for the treatment.
- On the day of the treatment, please do not apply makeup.
- If you are planning to have Botox or fillers please allow 2 weeks after or prior to your appointment.
- Wait 3-6 months following oral acne treatments such as Roaccutane.
Immediately after your treatment, your skin will appear red and may feel warm and tighter than usual.
There may be some slight swelling, which is normal and should subside within 48 hours. Depending on skin sensitivity and your healing speed you may experience small red dots on the skin from the needle work, these will subside within 2 weeks of your treatment. Use tepid water for the initial 24 hours to wash the treated area and avoid any high perfumed products.
After 24 hours, use a gentle cleanser to cleanse the face for the following 72 hours and gently dry the treated skin. Always make sure that your hands are clean when touching the treated area.
- Keep the skin hydrated with a gentle moisturiser.
- Do not take any inflammatory medicines for at least 1 week post treatment.
- Do not apply makeup or sunscreen or 24 hours after the procedure.
- Do not apply any makeup with a makeup brush, especially if it is not new/recently cleaned.
- After the initial 24 hours, apply a broad spectrum UVA/UVB sunscreen with a minimum SPF 30 for two weeks. A chemical-free sunscreen is highly recommended.
- For at least 3 days post treatment, do NOT use any Hydroxy Acid, Retinol (Vitamin A), Vitamin C (in a low pH formula) or anything perceived as ‘active’ skincare.
- Avoid intentional and direct sunlight for 48 hours. No tanning beds or tanning creams.
- Do not go swimming for at least 24 hours post-treatment.
- Do not participate in strenuous exercise for at least 24 hours post-treatment.
- Sweating and gym environments must be avoided during the first 72 hours post-treatment.
- No saunas or steam rooms for 72 hours
- Please adhere to aftercare advice contained in the aftercare leaflet
- Any concerns please contact the clinic
Following the treatment there may be redness, tightness and sensitivity to the treated area. This is a normal temporary result of Microneedling treatment. If these continues or if other reactions occur, please contact the clinic immediately.