Benefits of PDO Threads
Stimulates collagen and elastin
Long lasting results
More youthful and smoother appearance
PDO Threads, known as Polydioxanone threads, are biodegradable sutures, like stitches, that naturally dissolve in the skin. When used for cosmetic reasons, they can tighten and lift the skin. Loss of collagen is one of the main causes of ageing as the skin’s elasticity and structure is reduced. These threads stimulate cells called fibroblasts to produce more collagen and elastin. PDO Threads is a less invasive procedure than facelift surgery and lasts for approximately 12-18 months.
No. of sessions:
1-2 depending on your goals
At Mollie Elise Aesthetics, we prioritise your holistic well-being and safety. We will complete a comprehensive medical consultation and go over all the risks and contraindications associated with facial threads. Your nurse practitioner will discuss treatment goals and expectations. You will have the opportunity to ask questions about your treatment. We will answer honestly and openly.
- Full in-depth medical assessment
- Discuss your treatment in detail
- Create an individualised treatment plan
Your procedure will be carried out in our clinical treatment room. Your nurse practitioner will administer a numbing solution. When this has taken effect, they will carefully begin the treatment. Sensations such as ‘stinging’, ‘dragging’, or discomfort are normal as the skin is lifted during the procedure. Your practitioner ensures you are as comfortable as possible throughout the entire process.
- Clinical, nurse environment
- Knowledgeable, confident experienced practitioners
- Treatment tailored to your goals
After your Treatment
Results are not visible immediately, unfortunately! You may experience some swelling, which will subside after the recovery period. You will be provided with in-depth aftercare advice from the practitioner. We encourage you to avoid touching the area on the day and remain hydrated. You will also be provided with antibiotics to prevent infection.
- Safe alternative to surgery
- Minimal downtime, immediate and long-lasting results
- Lifted tightened complexion
- Please ensure you eat before your treatment
- Do not consume any alcohol before your appointment
- You may take paracetamol if you are concerned about pain
- Please avoid taking anti-inflammatory (e.g., Ibuprofen/Naproxen) medications either pre or post treatment as these can inhibit new collagen formation.
- Please avoid omega 3 fatty acids, green tea/extracts, alcohol and smoking for at least 5 days prior to treatment to reduce risk of bruising/ bleeding.
- Drink plenty of water to remain hydrated
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness
- Wash with water only the evening of your treatment
- Your normal bathing routine can be resumed after 24-hours.
- Pain killers such as paracetamol can be taken, and pain will diminish over 2-weeks
- Gently wash the treated area for the next 14 days, DO NOT rub, scrub, or massage the area
- Alcohol for 7-days following your treatment
- Touching the area for 24-hours and try to sleep on your back
- Strenuous exercise for 7-days
- Avoid applying or consuming vitamins A, C, E for 7-days
- Blood thinning medication, including aspirin for 7-days unless prescribed by your doctor (please seek advice from your GP prior to treatment and notify your practitioner
- Extreme temperatures such as such as sunbeds/bathing, sauna, steam rooms and extreme cold such as skiing for 7-days
- Any cosmetic procedures or dental treatment for 4 weeks including facials and eyebrow treatments
- Stay clear of all Radio Frequency (RF) including electrolysis, laser, IPL treatments to the affected area for 12-weeks
It is normal to experience an irritated/itchy sensation or a feeling of tightness and uneven swelling, and this will diminish over two weeks. We would advise taking paracetamol and antihistamines if you are medically fit, following the packaging instructions. If these continue or if other reactions occur, please contact the clinic immediately.