Benefits of Microsclerotherapy
Reduction of visible veins
Results without surgery
Microsclerotherapy is a treatment for visible thread and spider veins in the body, most commonly in the legs. It involves a solution being injected into the vein to dissolve and disappear over time. Treatment for varicose veins in the NHS is limited, and we are proud to offer our clients the best, most effective care and treatment possible to a high standard. If you are interested in this treatment, please contact us to book an appointment with one of our nurse practitioners.
Results are not always visible immediately. Larger veins take approximately 3-4 months to respond to the treatment, and spider veins vanish in 2-6 weeks. Veins that react to the treatment will not return, and the results are permanent. Some individuals can find that new unrelated veins appear. Learn more about varicose veins and how to identify them here.
No. of sessions:
Approximately 2 weeks
At Mollie Elise Aesthetics, your safety, well-being and comfort are important to us! A consultation will be completed, where your medical information will be obtained, and potentially associated contraindications and your expectations and goals will be discussed. You will have the opportunity to talk openly with your nurse injector about your treatment. We will always answer openly.
- Complete in-depth medical assessment
- Discuss treatment with a medical nurse practitioner
- Individualise your plan to suit you
Your procedure will be carried out clinical treatment room. When you are ready, your practitioner will precisely administer the treatment. We are happy to say you’ll likely just feel a slight pinch of the needle. Microsclerotherapy doesn’t usually hurt.
- Clinical and calm environment
- Experienced, medically trained staff
- Treatments individualised to you
After your Treatment
Results, unfortunately, are not immediately visible. Results are permanent but vary in visibility depending on the specific veins. Your nurse practitioner will provide you with in-depth aftercare advice. We encourage you to avoid touching the area on the day and remain hydrated.
- Permanent Results
- Minimal to no downtime
- Increase in confidence
- Please ensure you eat before your treatment
- Wear loose fitting clothing to your appointment
- Do not consume any alcohol for 24 hours
- Avoid Nicotine for 2 hours before your appointment
- Refrain from taking any Vitamin E or anti-inflammation medication such as Aspirin or Advil for a minimum of 1 week.
- Do not apply any oils or lotions on the treatment area
- Drink plenty of water to remain hydrated
- Maintain cleanliness
- Wear compression garments if possible
- Alcohol for 24-hours
- Excessive exercise for 10 days
- Blood thinning medication, including aspirin for 48 hours unless prescribed by your doctor (please seek advice from your GP prior to treatment and notify your practitioner
Following the treatment, there may be redness, swelling, tenderness and an itching sensation in the treated area. It is paramount to follow all pre and aftercare instructions to get the full benefits of your treatment and decrease the risk of developing any side effects. Rare side effects can include mild cramping, temporary browning of the skin and scarring. If it continues or if other reactions occur, please contact the clinic immediately.