Benefits of Microneedling
Reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
Stimulates collagen production
Improves absorption of vitamins
Micro-needling is also known as Collagen Induction Therapy. The puncturing of the skin with very fine needles causes the skin to repair by the stimulation of new collagen and elastin. As we age, recover from illnesses or adopt poor lifestyles an impact is caused to the skin, affecting the quality of collagen produced. Micro-needling promotes the production of improved collagen, elastin and connective fibroblasts which help to regenerate cells and strengthen the skin structure. The puncturing of the skin with tiny needles also allows for the administration of essential ingredients, such as vitamins directly into the skin. Please contact us to book an appointment with one of our skin specialists.
No. of sessions:
3-4 for skin rejuvenation; up to 6 for scarring
Within 1 hour and 24-48 hours
At Mollie Elise Aesthetics your safety, health and wellbeing are paramount. We will discuss the microneedling treatment, complete a medical assessment and discuss potential side effects and recovery times. Our experienced skin practitioners will discuss your goals and expectations. You will have the opportunity to ask questions.
- Attend for a consultation with our skin practitioners
- Complete assessment and consent forms
- Skin analysis is undertaken
You will be escorted to the treatment room. You will be made to feel relaxed and comfortable and the treatment explained. Firstly the skin is double cleansed. The product is applied and the microneedling is administered. The microneedling pen is on a setting appropriate to your skin and treatment goals, the setting can differ across areas of the face. Numbing cream is also available for any clients who experience skin sensitivity. You should not feel any significant discomfort during your treatment.
- Calm and clinical environment, friendly staff
- Treatments are always tailored to your goals
After your Treatment
Microneedling triggers your natural healing processes to heal your micro wounds immediately. Results are not always visible immediately, as your skin can appear red and irritated. The most dramatic results will not be visible until four to six weeks after treatment. This is because it takes the body 4-6 weeks to produce new, stronger and healthier collagen.
Micro-needling can be safely repeated every 2-4 weeks until you achieve the desired results. For collagen induction, we recommend starting with 3 treatments, with a minimum separation time of 2 weeks between treatments. For scar reduction, an average of 6 treatments is recommended.
It is advisable that you attend for maintenance appointments approximately every 3-4 months to maintain your results.
- Reduced fine lines
- Limited downtime
- Healthier skin
Do not consume alcohol 24 hours before your appointment
- No Retin-A products or applications 24 hours prior to your treatment.
- No auto-immune therapies or products 24 hours before your appointment.
- No prolonged sun exposure to the face 24 hours prior to your treatment. Microneedling will not be completed on sunburned skin.
- If you are taking a blood thinner, aspirin or any other medications you may be required to obtain a GP approval letter for the treatment.
- On the day of the treatment, please do not apply makeup.
- If you are planning to have Botox or fillers please allow 2-4 weeks after your Botox appointment prior to Microneedling.
- Wait 3-6 months following oral acne treatments.
Immediately after your treatment, your skin will appear red and may feel warm and tighter than usual.
There may be some slight swelling, which is normal and should subside after 1 to 2 hours and diminish within 24 hours.
There may be a slight redness after 24 hours but only in minimal areas and depending on skin sensitivity. Use tepid water for the initial 24 hours to wash the treated area.
After 24 hours, use a gentle cleanser to cleanse the face for the following 72 hours and gently dry the treated skin. Always make sure that your hands are clean when touching the treated area.
- Keep the skin hydrates with a gentle moisturiser.
- Do not take any inflammatory medicines for at least 2 weeks post treatment.
- Do not apply makeup or sunscreen or 24 hours after the procedure.
- Do not apply any makeup with a makeup brush, especially if it is not new/recently cleaned.
- After the initial 24 hours, apply a broad spectrum UVA/UVB sunscreen with a minimum SPF 30 for two weeks. A chemical-free sunscreen is highly recommended.
- For at least 3 days post treatment, do NOT use any Hydroxy Acid, Retinol (Vitamin A), Vitamin C (in a low pH formula) or anything perceived as ‘active’ skincare.
- Avoid intentional and direct sunlight for 48 hours. No tanning beds or tanning creams.
- Do not go swimming for at least 24 hours post-treatment.
- Do not participate in strenuous exercise for at least 24 hours post-treatment.
- Sweating and gym environments must be avoided during the first 72 hours post-treatment.
- No saunas or steam rooms for 72 hours
- Please adhere to aftercare advice contained in the aftercare leaflet
- Any concerns please contact the clinic
Following the treatment there may be redness, tightness and sensitivity to the treated area. This is a normal temporary result of Microneedling treatment. If these continues or if other reactions occur, please contact the clinic immediately.