Benefits of Hyperhidrosis Treatment
Be able to wear coloured clothes without worrying
Feeling more confident
Hyperhidrosis, commonly referred to as hyperhidrosis is not as uncommon as you may think, although it is considered a personal taboo topic. This concern is often dismissed, but it can also leave some people feeling incredibly self-conscious. You may have bought and sampled an array of deodorants and anti-perspirants or resorted to only wearing dark clothing to hide those dreaded sweat patches. If so, hyperhidrosis treatment is for you. At Mollie Elise Aesthetics we can individualise your treatment to get back to normality
No. of sessions:
1-2 treatments every
Sweating excessively can be alleviated using relaxing injections to relax the nerves in the treatment area. It is a swift treatment which is most effective in the underarms, hands and feet. The relaxing solution is injected into the intra-dermal tissue in the skin to de-activate the sweat glands in the treatment area. A maintenance appointment is advised every 4-8 months depending on your individual metabolism. If this is something that sounds like it is for you, contact us to book a consultation with one of our nurse practitioners in clinic.
Most areas can be treated, however here are the most common areas:
At Mollie Elise Aesthetics your safety, health and wellbeing so important to us. We will discuss treatment side effects, recovery and complete a medical assessment. Our experienced skin practitioners will discuss your goals and expectations. You will have the opportunity to ask questions about your treatment.
- Appointment with skilled nurse practitioner
- Complete full medical forms forms
- suitability analysis completed
You will be direct to the clinic room and made to feel relaxed. The area will be cleansed and topical numbing applied. Your practitioner will then mark up the area and begin your treatment. You may feel a slight tingling of the skin but no discomfort during your treatment.
- Calm and clinical environment
- knowledgeable highly trained staff
- Treatments are always individualised
After your Treatment
You will have a review appointment after 2 weeks and further solution applied if required. It is advisable that you attend for maintenance appointments approximately every 4-6 months to maintain your results.
- No sweat patches
- No downtime
- Less Sweating
- Keep your skin hydrated before and after treatment
- Do not consume alcohol 24 hours before your appointment
- Do not use exfoliating products for 24 hours prior to treatment
- Do not use Retin-A or active skin applications for 3 days prior to treatment
- Do not use the self-tanning agents and avoid UV exposure for 3 days prior to treatment
- Immediately after your treatment, your skin may be more sensitive than usual. Use tepid water for the initial 24 hours to wash the treated area.
- Use a gentle cleanser to cleanse the area for the following 48 hours and gently dry the treated skin.
- Keep the skin hydrated with a gentle moisturiser.
- Do not take any inflammatory medicines for at least 48 hours post treatment.
- For at least 14 days post treatment, do NOT use any Hydroxy Acid, Retinol (Vitamin A), Vitamin C (in a low pH formula) or anything perceived as ‘active’ skincare on the area
- Avoid excessive IV exposure sunbeds and tanning creams for 7 days post-treatment.
- Avoid waxing, bleaching or hair removal for 14 days post-treatment
- Do not go swimming or use the sauna/steam room for 5 days post-treatment.
- Do not participate in strenuous exercise for at least 48 hours post-treatment.
- Please adhere to aftercare advice contained in the aftercare leaflet
Following the treatment there may be redness, tightness and sensitivity to the treated area. This is a normal temporary result of injectable treatments. If these continues or if other reactions occur, please contact the clinic immediately.